Bamboo fiber mugs are counted among the most significant household items that need attention for customized designing, packaging, and finishes. These fiber mugs are equipped with features including; scratch-proofing, heat-resistance, which makes them reusable.
Besides, the bamboo fiber mugs are made using durable materials along with an external coating to protect from damages while using in a routine.
How Bamboo Mugs Are Manufactured?
The bamboo coffee cups are often made using bamboo pulp with non-GMO cornstarch and resin. The lid often consists of the same bamboo material or silicone (silicone baking mats) However, the Bamboo fibers are mixed with cornstarch to make a paste, then resin is added to make it hard.
The purpose of using resin in fiber mugs is to make these coffee cups very durable. So, if accidentally broken, they wouldn’t break. The universal fact is, bamboo cups aren’t everlasting no matter how carefully you use them.
On other hand, bamboo fiber mugs made using melamine resin are usually promoted for serving hot drinks above 70 degrees Celsius. According to Stiftung Warentest; bamboo cups contain “high” levels of melamine after just the third filling of hot fluid and critical degrees of formaldehyde as well. There’s all the more awful news: these destructive synthetic compounds don’t vanish, yet endure and keep on saturating drinks in more elevated levels with delayed use.
We read so many posts and facts about bamboo mugs in light of positive statements but the same product has also been in limelight in terms of critical statements which says,
Popular Reusable Bamboo Fiber Mugs Contains Toxic Melamine.
Well, the new research conducted by German consumer group Stiftung Warentest concludes that all bamboo mugs contain melamine resin, a dangerous substance from well-being AND ecological viewpoint.
The bamboo cup has become, as of late, the much-commended substitution to the 16 billion dispensable espresso cups, a large portion of which is covered with plastic overlay, and component plastic tops, discarded every year on Earth Day. In any case, the well-known other option, the reusable bamboo fiber mug, probably won’t be as eco-accommodating as you might suspect.
Are bamboo cups biodegradable?
Since bamboo itself is a natural fiber, so it automatically breaks down when returned to the earth. According to research, the disposable bamboo mugs approximately takes around one year to break down.
Sounds far better than normal readymade coffee mugs which take around five decades to break down
Best Guidelines to Avoid Toxic Bamboo Fiber
- Pay heed to anything promoted as made of bamboo fiber. In case it’s produced using real bits of bamboo, you ought to be fine, yet in case it’s bamboo fiber, you should accomplish seriously checking.
- Read product labels to confirm if it mentions melamine-free. An appropriately eco brand worth its (without plastic Himalayan) salt will be straightforward about not utilizing melamine.
- Be watchful about where items come from and how they are made. As purchasers, we can cast a ballot with our dollar by supporting brands that go the extra (eco) mile.
- Be particularly watchful when purchasing things that will be utilized by kids.
- If you can’t be certain, stick to reusable cups/compartments/items produced using glass and metal (without BPA!).